Lelit Bianca Dual Boiler Espresso Machine PID V2 with Manual Brew Pressure Profiling and Flow Control (PRE-ORDER)
Until now, flow profiling has been exclusive to just a few commercial-grade machines. With the Lelit Bianca, you get precise flow profiling in a dual boiler espresso machine designed for home baristas. It sports a PID, shot timer, silent rotary pump, and the ability to be direct plumbed or run on its internal reservoir. It is an amazing espresso machine that not on feature rich but a truly a beatiful work of art that will make our kitchen or coffee bar outstanding.
Steam power galore!
The Lelit Bianca powers some punch with steam power by programming the steam boiler up to 266 degrees Fahrenheit. In fact, two tips are available with the machine. The smaller 2 holes with 1mm openings were included for those who wanted to steam with less power.
Control Brew Pressure on the Fly! A 1st for any E61 Grouphead
The wooden paddle and brew pressure gauge on top of the grouphead allows full manual control over the brew pressure (through control over water flow) as you are pulling your shot of espresso. Create different flavor profiles to your heart’s content!
Reservoir: At the back or on either side!
Have you ever seen an espresso machine that gives you a choice where to put the water reservoir? Well, the Lelit Bianca does! Depending on couter top space you can choose to have the water resevoir either at the back of the machine or on either side of the machine.
It also allows users to directly plumb it in, including the drip tray. When plumbed in, the reservoir assembly can be removed to save precious counter space.
Wooden Handled Bottomless Portafilter & Dual Spout Portafilter
3-cup bottomless portafilter with smooth wooden handle included with the machine. The 3 cup baskets can hold up to 22 grams of ground coffee (this depends upon the type of coffee and grind fineness as coarser grinds or lighter density coffees may less the 22-gram capability).
The dual spout portafilter also has a very nice wooden handle and two forward streaming spouts for easier espresso extraction viewing.
The E61 grouphead ensures consistent water stability. Hot water circulates from the boiler through the grouphead and back. The result? The grouphead and your portafilter stay nice and hot, especially important to get a great shot of espresso. A lever next to the grouphead easily activates the pump to draw water through the coffee grinds.
Built with Quality Materials
On the outside, the Lelit Bianca shines with stainless steel body polished to a mirror finish. Also, in the inside, it has two insulated stainless steel boilers with copper tubing connecting the boilers to the grouphead or valves. The 0.8-liter coffee boiler is matched to perform well with a 1000 watt heating element, and the steam boiler integrates very well with a 1400 heating element to pack a great punch of steam power!
The wooden elements makes this machine a joy to behold! In addition to the portafilter handle wood crafted, the Lelit Bianca also has wooden accents on steam and hot water knobs, lever, wooden paddle, and feet! Furthermore, the wooden paddle on top of the grouphead diffuses the heat that builds upon the grouphead.
PID and Dual Pressure Gauge
Lelit adds their sophisticated PID system, that allows timed preinfusion, a reference timer, and a low-water level alert. A dual-pressure gauge on the other side of the machine measures both the boiler pressure (0-4 bar) on top and pump pressure (0-16 bar) on the bottom.
Multi-Directional No Burn Steam and Hot Water Wand
Allows for more flexibility. Rosette-style knobs control the separate steam and hot water wands, which are multi-directional. Moreover, the steam wand comes with a 2 hole steam tip (1.5mm holes). Hidden in the accessory box is a 2 hole tip with 1.0mm holes for those needing to froth fewer amounts of milk.
The wands are no-burn to the touch. Insulation on the inside allows you to move the wands easily to find the perfect angle you are seeking.
Quick Portafilter Removal
With the lever on the side of the grouphead brought to the down position, the brew pressure is relieved in the portafilter so it can be quickly removed and refilled. The result is usually a dry puck of coffee which you knock out. If not, there may be too much space (too little coffee) in the basket or an inconsistent/too fine a coffee grind.
Rotary Vane Pump and Motor
Produces a quieter extraction than a vibratory vane pump and much quieter than the ‘whiney’ gear driven pumps found on other brew pressure profiling espresso machines. You can make adjustments underneath the espresso machine.
OPV (Overpressure Valve)
Lelit sets the OPV to open at 11 bar of brew pressure. Although adjustable, we strongly recommend not to adjust the OPV. The paddle on the grouphead adjusts the pressure at the grouphead. In addition, it is set at 11 bar so as to not allow the water if the coffee boiler to exit and cause potential damage to the heating element from a lack of water. However, if you need to lower the maximum brew pressure, it is best to adjust the rotary vane pump.
Instant Stand-By Sleep Mode
By holding the plus and minus button simultaneously for three seconds on the LCC display, the machine will go into sleep mode. Please note the LCC must have sleep mode ‘on’ in the menu for 30, 60…up to 540 minutes. This is just a quick way to get the machine into standby mode where the coffee boiler stays at 80 degrees C and the steam boiler is off.
Reserve Mode for Water Reservoir
The machine can perform the espresso extraction while the water level is low in the reservoir. Also, if the water level in the reservoir is just above the low water indicator, the extraction will continue for 60 seconds after the LCC indicator shows low water. Thus, this will save the espresso shot!
Instant Economy Mode for Powering Coffee Boiler Only
By holding the minus button for three seconds, users can deactivate the steam boiler and maintain the programmed temperature of the coffee boiler.
Actual Boiler Temperature Display
Press the LCC plus button on the right side ONCE quickly and hold to see the current coffee boiler temperature. Press the LCC plus button TWICE and hold quickly to see the actual steam temperature.
Shot Clock Timer Display Delay
At the end of extraction, the shot clock time will continue to show on the LCC for 20 seconds.
- The maximum steam boiler temperature increased from 125 degrees C to 135 degrees C.
- The minimum steam boiler temperature are consistently 115 degrees C.
- No change is necessary for the safety valve on the steam boiler! In fact, the boiler and boiler safety valve for 3 bar allow increases.
A Host of Accessories!
- Instructional manual – Please read this manual first!
- Stainless steel inlet water hose – ~4’10” L. Also comes with adapter fitting and gasket. If you are plumbing, please use only cold water with a backflow preventer and pressure regulator set to 35 psi.
- Vinyl waste drain hose – ~4’8″ L x 3/4″ OD x 1/2″ ID.
- Heavy stainless steel cup warmer grate – Sits above the top panel to prevent cup marks.
- Rechargeable water softener filter – Good for up to 70 liters of water before recharge. Replace once a year.
- Cleaning cloth – Nonabrasive antibacterial microfiber. Helps to remove smudges and stains on the body panel.
- Stainless steel cover – For the water tank.
- 58mm stainless steel tamper – No need to purchase a new one.
- Extra steam tip – With 2 holes. Each hole measures ~1.0 mm.
- Bottomless portafilter – Wood handle and stainless steel 3-cup filter basket.
- Dual spout portafilter – Wood handle and stainless steel 1-cup filter basket and 2-cup filter basket.
- Stainless steel blind filter basket – For backflushing. Effective March 30, 2020, a blind filter holder slot is built into the frame below the drip tray.
- Plastic grouphead cleaning brush – With nylon bristles to clean grouphead gasket.
- Plastic scoop – If you are using ground coffee.
- Stainless grate platform – Place over drip tray grate if you are using espresso cups or shot glass.
- Accessories on the machine – 2.5-liter removable water reservoir, stainless steel drip tray & grate.